Woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman in the capital was allegedly poisoned by her husband as she had given birth to a girl child, police said Friday.
Ishak Parveen, a resident of central Delhi`s Lahori Gate, was admitted to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan hospital Thursday night by her husband, Javed Tariq who informed authorities that she had consumed a poisonous substance.
Parveen`s father Malik Sikandar, however, got registered a case against Tariq alleging that he gave the poison to his daughter and absconded after leaving her at the hospital.
In his complaint, Sikandar said Tariq had poisoned Parveen because she had given birth to a girl one-and-half months ago. He further claimed that Tariq had been assaulting Parveen ever since the birth.
Parveen`s condition continued to be critical at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital where she has been kept under observation.
"Police are waiting for the victim`s statement to ascertain the facts. As soon as she gains consciousness, we will record her statement," said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days