Woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman in the capital was allegedly poisoned by her husband as she had given birth to a girl child, police said Friday.
Ishak Parveen, a resident of central Delhi`s Lahori Gate, was admitted to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan hospital Thursday night by her husband, Javed Tariq who informed authorities that she had consumed a poisonous substance.
Parveen`s father Malik Sikandar, however, got registered a case against Tariq alleging that he gave the poison to his daughter and absconded after leaving her at the hospital.
In his complaint, Sikandar said Tariq had poisoned Parveen because she had given birth to a girl one-and-half months ago. He further claimed that Tariq had been assaulting Parveen ever since the birth.
Parveen`s condition continued to be critical at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital where she has been kept under observation.
"Police are waiting for the victim`s statement to ascertain the facts. As soon as she gains consciousness, we will record her statement," said a police official.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?