Woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman in the capital was allegedly poisoned by her husband as she had given birth to a girl child, police said Friday.
Ishak Parveen, a resident of central Delhi`s Lahori Gate, was admitted to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan hospital Thursday night by her husband, Javed Tariq who informed authorities that she had consumed a poisonous substance.
Parveen`s father Malik Sikandar, however, got registered a case against Tariq alleging that he gave the poison to his daughter and absconded after leaving her at the hospital.
In his complaint, Sikandar said Tariq had poisoned Parveen because she had given birth to a girl one-and-half months ago. He further claimed that Tariq had been assaulting Parveen ever since the birth.
Parveen`s condition continued to be critical at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital where she has been kept under observation.
"Police are waiting for the victim`s statement to ascertain the facts. As soon as she gains consciousness, we will record her statement," said a police official.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU