Woman poisoned for dowry in Noida; kin block traffic
Noida: A woman has been allegedly poisoned by her in-laws after she failed to fulfil their dowry demand in Bisrakh area here, police said on Tuesday.
A case of dowry death has been registered against in-laws of Jyoti on the basis of complaint filed by her father, police said.
Jyoti got married to Gyanender of Bisrakh area two years ago and after that she was constantly tortured for dowry, according to the complaint filed by Rati Ram, father of Jyoti.
Ram alleged that two days ago her in-laws poisoned her.
Today, kin of Jyoti brought her body to Noida and blocked traffic near SSP office.
Senior police officers intervened into the matter and pacified the agitated relatives of the girl, police said, adding, after that a case was registered.
Jyoti fell ill two days ago and was rushed to Delhi`s GTB hospital where she died last night.
In-laws of the deceased are absconding, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed