Woman poisoned for dowry in Noida; kin block traffic
Noida: A woman has been allegedly poisoned by her in-laws after she failed to fulfil their dowry demand in Bisrakh area here, police said on Tuesday.
A case of dowry death has been registered against in-laws of Jyoti on the basis of complaint filed by her father, police said.
Jyoti got married to Gyanender of Bisrakh area two years ago and after that she was constantly tortured for dowry, according to the complaint filed by Rati Ram, father of Jyoti.
Ram alleged that two days ago her in-laws poisoned her.
Today, kin of Jyoti brought her body to Noida and blocked traffic near SSP office.
Senior police officers intervened into the matter and pacified the agitated relatives of the girl, police said, adding, after that a case was registered.
Jyoti fell ill two days ago and was rushed to Delhi`s GTB hospital where she died last night.
In-laws of the deceased are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH