Woman raped at gun-point in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: A middle-aged woman in the state capital was allegedly raped at gun-point at her house when the husband had gone outside, police said.
The incident took place at Samantrapur area of the city on Tuesday night when the 35-year-old woman was alone. The victim lodged a complaint at Mahila police station last night.
The woman mentioned in her FIR that the accused was her neighbour. "The accused has been identified and would be arrested soon," a police officer said.
The woman, who ekes out a living by working as a domestic help, said, "My husband had gone out. I was sleeping when somebody knocked on the door around 12.30 am. When I opened, the accused gagged my mouth and pointed a revolver on my forehead," she told media persons.
"He committed the crime and fled. He had been harassing me since long," she said.
Soon after receiving the complaint, police raided the house of the accused in Old Town. As the accused has been absconding, a police team has been formed to nab him soon, a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II