Woman raped at gun-point in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: A middle-aged woman in the state capital was allegedly raped at gun-point at her house when the husband had gone outside, police said.
The incident took place at Samantrapur area of the city on Tuesday night when the 35-year-old woman was alone. The victim lodged a complaint at Mahila police station last night.
The woman mentioned in her FIR that the accused was her neighbour. "The accused has been identified and would be arrested soon," a police officer said.
The woman, who ekes out a living by working as a domestic help, said, "My husband had gone out. I was sleeping when somebody knocked on the door around 12.30 am. When I opened, the accused gagged my mouth and pointed a revolver on my forehead," she told media persons.
"He committed the crime and fled. He had been harassing me since long," she said.
Soon after receiving the complaint, police raided the house of the accused in Old Town. As the accused has been absconding, a police team has been formed to nab him soon, a senior official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut
- Burhan Wani protest: Curfew lifted from four districts of Kashmir Valley, parts of Srinagar
- MH370 pilot flew similar doomed route on home simulator: Report
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career