Woman raped by neighbour who barged into her house
New Delhi: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her neighbour, who had barged into her house in west Delhi while she was away and threatened her with a knife when she returned, police on Saturday.
The incident occurred Friday, around 10 pm in west Delhi`s Aman Vihar.
The victim lives with her husband and three children.
After recording the victim`s statement, police registered a case against her neighbour, Naresh, 31, a police officer said.
The victim told police she had gone to market. "When she returned, Naresh, who had already barged into her house, kept her hostage at knife point and raped her," the officer said, on the basis of the victim`s statement.
The victim told police that her husband was away at the time and her children were sleeping in another room.
The accused fled after committing crime, and has not yet been traced.
"The victim`s medical report confirmed rape. A hunt is on to nab the accused," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters