Woman raped by neighbour who barged into her house
New Delhi: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her neighbour, who had barged into her house in west Delhi while she was away and threatened her with a knife when she returned, police on Saturday.
The incident occurred Friday, around 10 pm in west Delhi`s Aman Vihar.
The victim lives with her husband and three children.
After recording the victim`s statement, police registered a case against her neighbour, Naresh, 31, a police officer said.
The victim told police she had gone to market. "When she returned, Naresh, who had already barged into her house, kept her hostage at knife point and raped her," the officer said, on the basis of the victim`s statement.
The victim told police that her husband was away at the time and her children were sleeping in another room.
The accused fled after committing crime, and has not yet been traced.
"The victim`s medical report confirmed rape. A hunt is on to nab the accused," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA