Woman raped by neighbour who barged into her house
New Delhi: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her neighbour, who had barged into her house in west Delhi while she was away and threatened her with a knife when she returned, police on Saturday.
The incident occurred Friday, around 10 pm in west Delhi`s Aman Vihar.
The victim lives with her husband and three children.
After recording the victim`s statement, police registered a case against her neighbour, Naresh, 31, a police officer said.
The victim told police she had gone to market. "When she returned, Naresh, who had already barged into her house, kept her hostage at knife point and raped her," the officer said, on the basis of the victim`s statement.
The victim told police that her husband was away at the time and her children were sleeping in another room.
The accused fled after committing crime, and has not yet been traced.
"The victim`s medical report confirmed rape. A hunt is on to nab the accused," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?