Woman relative arrested for businessman`s murder
New Delhi: A 22-year-old woman relative was arrested for murdering 66-year-old businessman Bajrang Lal Bokadia here, police said Wednesday.
"Mona Duggal was arrested Wednesday after she broke down and disclosed her involvement in the murder and robbery case," said Additional Commissioner of Police Ravindra Yadav.
Duggal had married Bokadia`s nephew Ajay last year. But she separated over martial discord and started living with her parents in the Sundar Nagri area of east Delhi.
But, since her financial condition was not good, she hatched a plan to rob Bokadia along with her maternal uncle Rajeev, brother Harjeet and his friend Sanjay, said the officer.
Bokadia, his 40-year-old driver Vinod Dubey, 35-year-old cook Bhola Singh and 18-year-old domestic help Anand were found dead on the ground floor of the businessman`s Vivek Vihar house in east Delhi Monday morning.
Bokadia was found gagged, his hands and legs tied to a chair and his throat slit.
Police said Bokadia and his three employees were murdered around 16 hours before their bodies were found by Bokadia`s associate Subhash Sethia, who had come to meet him at around 8 a.m.
"On Sunday afternoon, when Bokadia was out of the house, Duggal along with the three accused came to his house. They overpowered Bhola and Anand and tied them with ropes," said the officer.
While they were breaking the almirah lockers, Bokadia and Dubey reached the house. But they were also overpowered by Rajeev, Harjeet and Sanjay.
"Bokadia was strangled to death while his employees died due to excessive bleeding," said the officer.
Police said raids were being conducted across Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh in search of the remaining three accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31