Woman sets herself ablaze outside Delhi Police headquarters
New Delhi: A 45-year-old woman Monday set herself ablaze outside the Delhi Police headquarters, officials said.
Sushila, a resident of Durga Park in Sagarpur area of west Delhi, poured an inflammable material on her body and set herself on fire at 4.15 p.m. outside the police headquarters situated near the ITO complex in central Delhi.
She was rushed to the Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan (LNJP) hospital with 50 percent burn injuries.
A police official said the woman along with her daughter had reached the police headquarters to meet senior officials regarding a complaint.
"We are yet to note down her statement as she is not in a fit condition for it," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof