Woman sets herself ablaze outside Delhi Police headquarters
New Delhi: A 45-year-old woman Monday set herself ablaze outside the Delhi Police headquarters, officials said.
Sushila, a resident of Durga Park in Sagarpur area of west Delhi, poured an inflammable material on her body and set herself on fire at 4.15 p.m. outside the police headquarters situated near the ITO complex in central Delhi.
She was rushed to the Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan (LNJP) hospital with 50 percent burn injuries.
A police official said the woman along with her daughter had reached the police headquarters to meet senior officials regarding a complaint.
"We are yet to note down her statement as she is not in a fit condition for it," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players