Woman shot at by armed assailants in south-east Delhi
New Delhi: A woman was shot at by a group of armed men while they were having an altercation with her father over some land dispute in Devli village of south-east Delhi here on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The incident took place when a group of men barged into the house of 36-year-old Samim and began beating up her father, who works as a security guard. They fired shots during the attack one of which hit Samim in her head, police said.
Soon after the incident, the assailants fled from the spot while Samim was rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where her condition is said to be critical, they said.
A case has been registered and a man has been arrested in this case while efforts are on to nab his associates involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez