Woman shot at by armed assailants in south-east Delhi
New Delhi: A woman was shot at by a group of armed men while they were having an altercation with her father over some land dispute in Devli village of south-east Delhi here on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The incident took place when a group of men barged into the house of 36-year-old Samim and began beating up her father, who works as a security guard. They fired shots during the attack one of which hit Samim in her head, police said.
Soon after the incident, the assailants fled from the spot while Samim was rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where her condition is said to be critical, they said.
A case has been registered and a man has been arrested in this case while efforts are on to nab his associates involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP