Woman to donate 400 blankets for settling accident case in Delhi
New Delhi: A small-time business man, who was injured after being hit by a rashly-driven car, has agreed before a motor accident claims tribunal here to settle the matter with the accused if she donates 400 blankets to the poor.
The victim, Devender Gupta, has informed the Tribunal`s Presiding Officer Ankit Singla that he will forgive the accused if she agrees to fulfil his demand of distributing blankets to the poor at a place of his choice.
"The complainant (Gupta) submits that he can settle the matter with the accused (Ruchi Ahuja), if she donates 400 blankets to poor persons.
"Accused agreed. In such circumstances both parties are directed to appear before the court on February 16," the court said, directing that the investigating officer shall file a report in this regard whether the same has been done or not.
The order came on Gupta`s complaint, which said he was hit by a rashly-driven Maruti Wagon R near Saket court red light in South Delhi in January this year, while he was riding his motorbike back home.
He told the court that the vehicle driven by the woman had hit him when she jumped the red light.
Gupta also said that after the incident Ahuja had fled the spot and he was rushed to a nearby hospital by passersby.
During the proceedings, Gupta told the court that he would not have registered the case against the woman had she herself rushed him to the hospital, instead of running away.
He also said that the woman did not even bother to apologise to him during the trial.
"It (accident) could be by mistake but I did this so that she won`t repeat it in future," Gupta told the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets