Woman,land lady shot dead in south-west Delhi
New Delhi: A young woman and her landlady were shot dead in their south-west Delhi residence this morning by an unidentified man believed to be her paramour, police said.
The victims, identified as Renu Malik, 24, and 53-year-old Sheela Garg, were shot dead by the man inside the house in Bindapur area at around 9:10 AM.
Renu was shot dead in the first floor allegedly by her paramour who was staying there last night. Hearing the gunshot, Sheila rushed to the room to check what was happening.
The attacker then allegedly pumped bullets into the land lady and fled from the scene.
According to Sheila`s son and property-dealer Dinesh, he rushed from his nearby office after hearing the gunshots and saw a man running out of the house with two firearms in his hands.
Dinesh claimed that the man threatened to shoot him when he came in his way and then fled in a car.
Police said Renu`s husband, a cab driver, has gone to Madhya Pradesh. His brother, who was staying with the couple, was also not present at the time.
"At the time of incident, a domestic help was in the house but she became so scared that she could not tell us anything," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof