Woman`s highly decomposed body recovered in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Bisrakh police on Saturday recovered a highly decomposed body of a woman from a drain near Milk Lachhi village, police said on Saturday.
Locals passing nearby noticed a foul smell and a body in the drain. They informed the police following which a team reached the site and pulled the body out, they said.
More villagers reached the site but could not identify her as the body was highly decomposed and was apparently lying in the drain for over a week, they said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
People of nearby villages have also been asked to provide information in order to obtain the identity of the deceased, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference