Women in distress: CISF helpline to be displayed in Metro
New Delhi: In yet another measure to help women in distress, the `ladies-all` Delhi Metro coaches will now display the CISF control room number which can be used as a helpline.
A decision in this regard has been taken jointly by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) which guards the Metro network.
"The 24x7 helpline number - 011-22185555 - will be displayed on both the first and the last coaches of the Delhi Metro. The helpline will be operational for women in distress," CISF Deputy Inspector General (Delhi Metro operations) Udayan Banerjee told PTI.
The CISF has recently initiated a host of measures for women safety which include enhanced patrolling in trains and station area by plainclothes and uniformed women personnel of the force and it has also begun conducting special drives against men who enter the reserved women coach in an unauthorised manner.
A CISF team, led by Banerjee, today briefed students at the Miranda House College of the Delhi University here regarding these steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...