Women in distress: CISF helpline to be displayed in Metro
New Delhi: In yet another measure to help women in distress, the `ladies-all` Delhi Metro coaches will now display the CISF control room number which can be used as a helpline.
A decision in this regard has been taken jointly by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) which guards the Metro network.
"The 24x7 helpline number - 011-22185555 - will be displayed on both the first and the last coaches of the Delhi Metro. The helpline will be operational for women in distress," CISF Deputy Inspector General (Delhi Metro operations) Udayan Banerjee told PTI.
The CISF has recently initiated a host of measures for women safety which include enhanced patrolling in trains and station area by plainclothes and uniformed women personnel of the force and it has also begun conducting special drives against men who enter the reserved women coach in an unauthorised manner.
A CISF team, led by Banerjee, today briefed students at the Miranda House College of the Delhi University here regarding these steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC