Women in distress: CISF helpline to be displayed in Metro
New Delhi: In yet another measure to help women in distress, the `ladies-all` Delhi Metro coaches will now display the CISF control room number which can be used as a helpline.
A decision in this regard has been taken jointly by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) which guards the Metro network.
"The 24x7 helpline number - 011-22185555 - will be displayed on both the first and the last coaches of the Delhi Metro. The helpline will be operational for women in distress," CISF Deputy Inspector General (Delhi Metro operations) Udayan Banerjee told PTI.
The CISF has recently initiated a host of measures for women safety which include enhanced patrolling in trains and station area by plainclothes and uniformed women personnel of the force and it has also begun conducting special drives against men who enter the reserved women coach in an unauthorised manner.
A CISF team, led by Banerjee, today briefed students at the Miranda House College of the Delhi University here regarding these steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress