Women in distress: CISF helpline to be displayed in Metro
New Delhi: In yet another measure to help women in distress, the `ladies-all` Delhi Metro coaches will now display the CISF control room number which can be used as a helpline.
A decision in this regard has been taken jointly by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) which guards the Metro network.
"The 24x7 helpline number - 011-22185555 - will be displayed on both the first and the last coaches of the Delhi Metro. The helpline will be operational for women in distress," CISF Deputy Inspector General (Delhi Metro operations) Udayan Banerjee told PTI.
The CISF has recently initiated a host of measures for women safety which include enhanced patrolling in trains and station area by plainclothes and uniformed women personnel of the force and it has also begun conducting special drives against men who enter the reserved women coach in an unauthorised manner.
A CISF team, led by Banerjee, today briefed students at the Miranda House College of the Delhi University here regarding these steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot