Women mountaineering expedition flagged off
New Delhi: To mark the World Tourism Day,
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday flagged off a women
mountaineering expedition to scale the Indrahar Pass situated
at an altitude of 14,500 ft in Himachal Pradesh.
The team comprises 12 women employees of Delhi Tourism
and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC). The team
is scheduled to return to the city on October 3.
Speaking on the occasion, Dikshit commended efforts of
DTTDC in maintaining various tourist attractions in the city.
DTTDC officials said they have introduced new water
games at Purana Quila Lake and Bhalswa lake on the occasion
of World Tourism Day, which is celebrated every year on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’