Women mountaineering expedition flagged off
New Delhi: To mark the World Tourism Day,
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday flagged off a women
mountaineering expedition to scale the Indrahar Pass situated
at an altitude of 14,500 ft in Himachal Pradesh.
The team comprises 12 women employees of Delhi Tourism
and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC). The team
is scheduled to return to the city on October 3.
Speaking on the occasion, Dikshit commended efforts of
DTTDC in maintaining various tourist attractions in the city.
DTTDC officials said they have introduced new water
games at Purana Quila Lake and Bhalswa lake on the occasion
of World Tourism Day, which is celebrated every year on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why