Women mountaineering expedition flagged off
New Delhi: To mark the World Tourism Day,
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday flagged off a women
mountaineering expedition to scale the Indrahar Pass situated
at an altitude of 14,500 ft in Himachal Pradesh.
The team comprises 12 women employees of Delhi Tourism
and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC). The team
is scheduled to return to the city on October 3.
Speaking on the occasion, Dikshit commended efforts of
DTTDC in maintaining various tourist attractions in the city.
DTTDC officials said they have introduced new water
games at Purana Quila Lake and Bhalswa lake on the occasion
of World Tourism Day, which is celebrated every year on
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US