Won`t support AAP`s `diabolical power play` in Delhi: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday rejected as "total false" the speculation in media about Congress and AAP coming together to form a government in Delhi and said it will not support that party`s "diabolical power play".
"Even as vested AAP interests create confusion, it`s reiterated, @INCIndia will NOT be supporting them in Delhi for their diabolical power play," AICC Communication Department Chairman Ajay Maken said on Twitter.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said there was "not even an iota of truth" in these talks.
There have been media reports that routed by BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, Congress and AAP have intensified back channel negotiations to explore the possibility of government formation in Delhi again.
The government led by Arvind Kejriwal with outside support from Congress had fallen in February after lasting for 49 days when Congress refused to support the Aam Aadmi Party`s move to bring in a Jan Lokpal Bill.
The speculation about their coming together gained ground immediately after the Lok Sabha elections in which the BJP which swept all seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi.
Congress spokesperson Singhvi, however, said, "This is total false campaign. We will not support AAP in Delhi - simple straight. All other rumour mongering and spreading of falsehood about this, please be clear.
"It`s nothing but spreading falsehood. There is not even an iota of truth about this please be clear... We condemn it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145