Work on Mukundpur-Yamuna Vihar corridor to start
New Delhi: Work on Delhi Metro`s longest corridor will begin in a month with the new age transport system moving swiftly by awarding several contracts for building the line.
The 56-km Mukundpur-Yamuna Vihar Corridor, which envisages connecting north, west and east Delhi with each other, is part of the ambitious Phase-III project that is expected to be completed by 2016.
With 35 stations and a record length of 56 km, this would become the longest corridor of the Delhi Metro after the Huda City Centre - Jehangir Puri Line.
Since the Line will connect almost the entire capital, Delhi Metro has awarded three different contracts to Larson and Tubro, FEMC-Pratibha JV and CEC-CICI JV. The DMRC will award more tenders within the next one month.
"Work on this corridor (which will be Delhi Metro`s Line 7) will begin in a month. First stretch where the work would begin is from Moti Bagh to Delhi Cantonment as widening of roads in the area has already started," a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
The spokesman said the contract for the stretch from Moti Bagh to Delhi Cantt has been awarded to L&T which has started preliminary work on the corridor.
The corridor is set to become an instant hit among the commuters as it would connect existing Metro stations like Azadpur, Netaji Subhash Place, Rajouri Garden, INA, Lajpat Nagar, Mayur Vihar, Anand Vihar, Karkarduma and Welcome.
It will also connect areas like Delhi University, GT Karnal Road, Wazirpur Industrial area, South Extension market, Netaji Subhash Place district centre and Yamuna Vihar, the spokesman said.
The contract for building of the corridor from Bhikaji Cama Place to South Extension has been awarded to FEMC- Pratibha JV and tenders for the corridor from Delhi Cantt to Naraina will be awarded this month.
"Tenders of all other stretches falling within Ring Road have been floated and work is expected to commence on the entire Ring Road within the next six months," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state