Work to present clean, green Delhi during CWG, MCD told
New Delhi: Asking the MCD to make all efforts to
present Delhi as a clean city during the Commonwealth Games,
the Delhi government on Wednesday told the civic agency that "no leniency
in sanitation arrangements" will be tolerated.
Delhi Finance Minister AK Walia told the BJP-ruled MCD
to strictly implement the Action Plan for sanitation which was
prepared after a brain-storming session with various
Walia told the MCD officials, in a meeting today, that no
leniency in sanitation arrangements will be tolerated as city
government was making all efforts to present Delhi as a clean
and green city.
The MCD has been asked to take suitable steps in ensuring
that no unattended and un-collected waste is found in any area
under its operation.
As per the approved Action Plan, the MCD will be responsible
for collection of waste from different venues and then they
will have to put them in packets in different bags.
The civic agency will collect the wastes from the bins
and transport it to the processing plants.
The MCD will install `Deep Collection System` bins in all
the venues of the Games. The waste from these bins will be
collected mechanically through cranes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'