Working model of Metro train at its Delhi Museum
New Delhi: A working model of a Metro train depicting real time operating scenario of the new age transport system with tracks is the latest attraction at Delhi Metro`s Museum in the capital.
The model, which is approximately 20 feet in length and designed meticulously to give visitors the real feel, was inaugurated by Delhi Metro Managing Director Mangu Singh here today.
Metro Museum is popular among commuters and school students are a regular at the museum at Patel Chowk station. The museum is a treasure trove of display panels, historical photographs and exhibits about the Delhi Metro.
At today`s function, Singh also honoured top ten Smart Card users of the Delhi Metro and some active volunteers of the Metro Citizens` Forum volunteers programme. Some of the Metro smart card users had spent Rs 15,000 in the past few months.
He also unveiled new souvenir items for sale like visiting card holders, digital thermometers and key chains.
Singh announced that Delhi Metro was looking to expand its Museum at a different location and efforts are on to find a place for housing the museum.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory