Working towards connecting with women voters in Delhi: AAP
New Delhi: In a bid to connect with women voters, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)`s women`s wing has completed its first objective of setting up units in all the 70 Assembly segments of Delhi, the party has said.
"AAP Ki Mahila Shakti has completed its first target of setting up units in all the 70 Assembly segments in Delhi. It has now been decided to set up such units at the booth level to increase the participation of women in politics.
"Towards that end, a membership drive will be launched in the national capital," the party said in a release here.
In a meeting conducted by Delhi unit president Bandana Kumari and general secretary Richa Pandey Mishra, it was decided to organise an `AAP Ki Mahila Shakti Sammelan` next month in the national capital.
The work of putting together the conference has been given to the 14 district-level in-charges. The AAP wing has made 14 phone numbers available to increase the registration of women members in Delhi.
The women`s wing is connected to the official party website and is also present on other social media platforms.
"(We) will conduct monthly seminars at the state-level and routine activities at the ward-level that will deal with issues like domestic violence, dowry and female infanticide.
"Training will be provided to the women`s wing office- bearers on (appropriate) initiatives," the party added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez