Yamuna below danger mark in Delhi
New Delhi: The flooded Yamuna river receded below the danger mark here on Saturday, three days after crossing it, following decline in the discharge of water from Haryana`s Hathini Kund barrage, a Delhi flood department official said.
The water level came down to 204.66 metres somewhat below the danger mark of 204.83 metres early Saturday.
"Yamuna is flowing below the danger mark and there is no forecast of it crossing the red mark again as of now," the official said.
The water level in the Yamuna had crossed the danger mark on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions