Yamuna below danger mark in Delhi
New Delhi: The flooded Yamuna river receded below the danger mark here on Saturday, three days after crossing it, following decline in the discharge of water from Haryana`s Hathini Kund barrage, a Delhi flood department official said.
The water level came down to 204.66 metres somewhat below the danger mark of 204.83 metres early Saturday.
"Yamuna is flowing below the danger mark and there is no forecast of it crossing the red mark again as of now," the official said.
The water level in the Yamuna had crossed the danger mark on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'