Yamuna level rising in Delhi
New Delhi: Water level of the Yamuna River reached close to the danger mark on Wednesday morning and the authorities evacuated the low-lying areas following water release from Haryana`s Hathini Kund dam, an official said.
"The water level has increased to 204.64 metres, expected to reach the danger mark of 204.83 metres. We are keeping the emergency plans prepared," said an official from the central control room at Gandhi Nagar in east Delhi.
Around 6,22,000 cusecs of water was released from Hathini Kund Tuesday, resulting in a serious flood-like situation in Delhi.
Irrigation and flood department control rooms will be working along the marginal bunds on both sides of the Yamuna, Delhi Revenue Minister AK Walia said on Tuesday.
Fifty-six boats and many pumps have also been pressed into service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?