Yamuna water level below danger mark
New Delhi: For the first time in the last one week, water level in the Yamuna river came below the danger mark on Friday.
The water level has receded to 204.74 metres, Delhi government officials said. "Haryana has released only 35,000 cusec water on Friday and we hope the water will recede further in the coming days. This is a great relief for us as for the past few days the water
level had been above the danger mark of 204.83 metres," an official in the flood control department said.
Yesterday, Haryana had released 38,985 cusec water into the river. The official said that Haryana had released over 13 lakh cusec of water into Yamuna in the last eight days resulting in the rise in its level.
The water level had touched 206.78 metres last Saturday, creating panic among the residents living in low-lying areas along the river. Though the water level has come down, nearly 3,000 people from low-lying areas near the river are still staying in several relief camps set up by state government.
The rising river had flooded several localities of east Delhi including Garhi Mandu, Usmanpur Pusta, Jagatpur Village and Shastri Nagar. Flood water had also entered areas like Yamuna Vihar, Madanpur, Sonia Vihar, Nigambodh, Jaitpur, Tibet Market and Yamuna Bazar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested