Yasin Malik will not be allowed to stage protest in Delhi
New Delhi: Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik will not be allowed to stage any protest here as announced by him, to press for handing over of the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru to his family.
Official sources said the Home Ministry is likely to advise the Delhi Police to refuse permission to Malik to stage any protest at Jantar Mantar demanding handing over of the body of Afzal Guru who was hanged on February 9 in Tihar jail.
A decision to this effect is expected tomorrow. Sources said security agencies have submitted a report to the Home Ministry arguing that giving permission to Malik to hold protest in Delhi may create law and order problem.
Besides, Malik had been involved in "anti-national" activities in the past, sources said.
The JKLF leader had also shared dais with Lashkar-e-Taiba founder and India`s most wanted terror mastermind Hafiz Sayed when he had staged a protest in Islamabad against the hanging of Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'