Yasin Malik will not be allowed to stage protest in Delhi
New Delhi: Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik will not be allowed to stage any protest here as announced by him, to press for handing over of the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru to his family.
Official sources said the Home Ministry is likely to advise the Delhi Police to refuse permission to Malik to stage any protest at Jantar Mantar demanding handing over of the body of Afzal Guru who was hanged on February 9 in Tihar jail.
A decision to this effect is expected tomorrow. Sources said security agencies have submitted a report to the Home Ministry arguing that giving permission to Malik to hold protest in Delhi may create law and order problem.
Besides, Malik had been involved in "anti-national" activities in the past, sources said.
The JKLF leader had also shared dais with Lashkar-e-Taiba founder and India`s most wanted terror mastermind Hafiz Sayed when he had staged a protest in Islamabad against the hanging of Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video