Yasin Malik will not be allowed to stage protest in Delhi
New Delhi: Kashmiri separatist leader Yasin Malik will not be allowed to stage any protest here as announced by him, to press for handing over of the body of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru to his family.
Official sources said the Home Ministry is likely to advise the Delhi Police to refuse permission to Malik to stage any protest at Jantar Mantar demanding handing over of the body of Afzal Guru who was hanged on February 9 in Tihar jail.
A decision to this effect is expected tomorrow. Sources said security agencies have submitted a report to the Home Ministry arguing that giving permission to Malik to hold protest in Delhi may create law and order problem.
Besides, Malik had been involved in "anti-national" activities in the past, sources said.
The JKLF leader had also shared dais with Lashkar-e-Taiba founder and India`s most wanted terror mastermind Hafiz Sayed when he had staged a protest in Islamabad against the hanging of Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants