Youth accused of abducting , raping minor acquitted
New Delhi: A youth accused of abducting and raping a minor girl, with whom he later got married, has been acquitted by a Delhi court on the ground that she eloped "on her own wish" and was a "consenting party".
Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat let off Uttar Pradesh resident Hardyal observing that the alleged victim in her testimony has nowhere stated that she was allured by the accused and instead they love each other.
"The prosecutrix has not deposed anything against accused Hardyal. It is apparent from her testimony that she was in love with the accused, they both wanted to marry each other and she voluntarily eloped with him.
"There is nothing in her testimony that he had offered any allurement to her or had enticed her away. He did not employ any force, fraud or deceit upon her," the court said.
As per the prosecution, the girl`s father had lodged a complaint that in September 2012 his 14-year-old daughter had left the house without telling anybody.
He had further told the police that her daughter had been kidnapped by the accused.
The girl, however, has deposed before the court that she was in love with Hardyal and wanted to marry him but her parents were not in favour of this marriage. Hence the duo had decided to run away and solemnize marriage.
Taking note of the girl`s statement, the court observed that Hardyal is innocent and has been falsely implicated in this case.
"She (girl) has specifically deposed in her testimony that he had neither kidnapped her nor committed rape upon her and infact she on her own wish had accompanied Hardyal to Siwan, Bihar and married him and was a consenting party to sexual intercourse with accused," the court noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees