Youth arrested for acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: Police has arrested a youth for an acid attack on a woman last month after she spurned his advances.
22-year-old Sultan, a resident of Chandni Mahal, was on Friday arrested by Central District Police on charges of throwing acid on the victim`s right hand on February 7 while she was going to visit a doctor in a rickshaw near Turkman Gate area here.
"Sultan had been stalking the woman for a long time. He also made telephone calls to her. Later, Sultan on phone proposed her to become his friend, but the woman turned down his proposal, following which he hatched a plan to take revenge on her," a senior police officer said.
The accused fled from the spot after committing the crime, he said.
Sultan called the woman a few days back and asked her to meet him near Golcha Cinema in Darya Ganj. However, she informed the police which later laid a trap and arrested him yesterday, the officer said, adding, further investigations are on in the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights