Youth arrested for acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: Police has arrested a youth for an acid attack on a woman last month after she spurned his advances.
22-year-old Sultan, a resident of Chandni Mahal, was on Friday arrested by Central District Police on charges of throwing acid on the victim`s right hand on February 7 while she was going to visit a doctor in a rickshaw near Turkman Gate area here.
"Sultan had been stalking the woman for a long time. He also made telephone calls to her. Later, Sultan on phone proposed her to become his friend, but the woman turned down his proposal, following which he hatched a plan to take revenge on her," a senior police officer said.
The accused fled from the spot after committing the crime, he said.
Sultan called the woman a few days back and asked her to meet him near Golcha Cinema in Darya Ganj. However, she informed the police which later laid a trap and arrested him yesterday, the officer said, adding, further investigations are on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what