Youth arrested for acid attack in Delhi
New Delhi: Police has arrested a youth for an acid attack on a woman last month after she spurned his advances.
22-year-old Sultan, a resident of Chandni Mahal, was on Friday arrested by Central District Police on charges of throwing acid on the victim`s right hand on February 7 while she was going to visit a doctor in a rickshaw near Turkman Gate area here.
"Sultan had been stalking the woman for a long time. He also made telephone calls to her. Later, Sultan on phone proposed her to become his friend, but the woman turned down his proposal, following which he hatched a plan to take revenge on her," a senior police officer said.
The accused fled from the spot after committing the crime, he said.
Sultan called the woman a few days back and asked her to meet him near Golcha Cinema in Darya Ganj. However, she informed the police which later laid a trap and arrested him yesterday, the officer said, adding, further investigations are on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!