Youth arrested for raping, beating domestic help
New Delhi: A 25-year-old youth was arrested for raping and beating his teenaged domestic help in the capital`s Jamia Nagar, police said Thursday.
Nadeem was arrested Wednesday for allegedly raping and physically assaulting the girl for two years.
Police said the girl, who is from Bihar, got raped for the first time by her employers` son Nadeem two years back.
Nadeem`s parents apparently did not stay with them and he had been beating and sexually assaulting her in their absence.
A medical examination of the girl, who was working for the accused for the last three to four years, has confirmed rape and physical abuse.
"On Tuesday night the girl was brutally beaten up by the accused after which she approached a neighbour, who informed police about the incident. Nadeem was arrested while the girl has been handed over to the Child Welfare Committee (CWC)," said the official.
According to the official, Nadeem has been charged with rape, causing grievous injuries, and voluntarily causing hurt. He is currently in judicial custody.
The official informed that the teenager was also allegedly tortured by her employers` daughter Fardeen.
During the medical examination, burn marks were found on the girl`s right hand, which were allegedly made by Fardeen.
The police are yet to arrest Fardeen and her mother Juhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"