Youth arrested with 1.3 kg opium in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old man hailing from
Rajasthan was arrested in north Delhi allegedly with 1.3 kg of
opium, police said on Saturday.
Dinesh Kumar was apprehended from near Kashmere Gate
ISBT yesterday, S S Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police
The arrest came following investigations into police
receiving inputs about some drug peddlers supplying opium in
Punjab and that they were using roadways buses for this
purpose. It was also learnt that Kashmere Gate ISBT was the
halting point of these suppliers.
Dinesh told police that he originally hails from
Chitorgarh district of Rajasthan but living in Madhya Pardesh
for the past 10-12 years.
"He said he was supplying opium since last 2 years by
using public transports in Punjab, particularly Ludhiana. He
also disclosed that he was going to Ludhiana with opium for
supplying it to Shukviender," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore