Youth arrested with 1.3 kg opium in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old man hailing from
Rajasthan was arrested in north Delhi allegedly with 1.3 kg of
opium, police said on Saturday.
Dinesh Kumar was apprehended from near Kashmere Gate
ISBT yesterday, S S Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police
The arrest came following investigations into police
receiving inputs about some drug peddlers supplying opium in
Punjab and that they were using roadways buses for this
purpose. It was also learnt that Kashmere Gate ISBT was the
halting point of these suppliers.
Dinesh told police that he originally hails from
Chitorgarh district of Rajasthan but living in Madhya Pardesh
for the past 10-12 years.
"He said he was supplying opium since last 2 years by
using public transports in Punjab, particularly Ludhiana. He
also disclosed that he was going to Ludhiana with opium for
supplying it to Shukviender," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj