Youth Cong workers stage protests against Swaraj
New Delhi: Scores of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday staged a protest outside the residence of senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for her remarks against UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi accusing her of not allowing opposition to air their views in Parliament.
The protesters reached the 8, Safdarjung Lane residence of Swaraj at around 1 PM and protested there for about 45 minutes.
Soon after the protest began, police rushed to the spot and removed the activists who were later released.
Youth Congress national president Rajiv Satav said they were protesting against the "double-speak" of Swaraj.
Swaraj had accused Gandhi of preventing her from speaking in Lok Sabha because the Congress chief had "instigated" Congress members to create disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men