Youth Cong workers stage protests against Swaraj
New Delhi: Scores of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday staged a protest outside the residence of senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for her remarks against UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi accusing her of not allowing opposition to air their views in Parliament.
The protesters reached the 8, Safdarjung Lane residence of Swaraj at around 1 PM and protested there for about 45 minutes.
Soon after the protest began, police rushed to the spot and removed the activists who were later released.
Youth Congress national president Rajiv Satav said they were protesting against the "double-speak" of Swaraj.
Swaraj had accused Gandhi of preventing her from speaking in Lok Sabha because the Congress chief had "instigated" Congress members to create disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan