Youth Cong workers stage protests against Swaraj
New Delhi: Scores of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday staged a protest outside the residence of senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for her remarks against UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi accusing her of not allowing opposition to air their views in Parliament.
The protesters reached the 8, Safdarjung Lane residence of Swaraj at around 1 PM and protested there for about 45 minutes.
Soon after the protest began, police rushed to the spot and removed the activists who were later released.
Youth Congress national president Rajiv Satav said they were protesting against the "double-speak" of Swaraj.
Swaraj had accused Gandhi of preventing her from speaking in Lok Sabha because the Congress chief had "instigated" Congress members to create disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit