Youth Cong workers stage protests against Swaraj
New Delhi: Scores of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday staged a protest outside the residence of senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for her remarks against UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi accusing her of not allowing opposition to air their views in Parliament.
The protesters reached the 8, Safdarjung Lane residence of Swaraj at around 1 PM and protested there for about 45 minutes.
Soon after the protest began, police rushed to the spot and removed the activists who were later released.
Youth Congress national president Rajiv Satav said they were protesting against the "double-speak" of Swaraj.
Swaraj had accused Gandhi of preventing her from speaking in Lok Sabha because the Congress chief had "instigated" Congress members to create disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district