Youth Cong workers stage protests against Swaraj
New Delhi: Scores of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday staged a protest outside the residence of senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for her remarks against UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi accusing her of not allowing opposition to air their views in Parliament.
The protesters reached the 8, Safdarjung Lane residence of Swaraj at around 1 PM and protested there for about 45 minutes.
Soon after the protest began, police rushed to the spot and removed the activists who were later released.
Youth Congress national president Rajiv Satav said they were protesting against the "double-speak" of Swaraj.
Swaraj had accused Gandhi of preventing her from speaking in Lok Sabha because the Congress chief had "instigated" Congress members to create disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state