Youth Cong workers stage protests against Swaraj
New Delhi: Scores of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday staged a protest outside the residence of senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj for her remarks against UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi accusing her of not allowing opposition to air their views in Parliament.
The protesters reached the 8, Safdarjung Lane residence of Swaraj at around 1 PM and protested there for about 45 minutes.
Soon after the protest began, police rushed to the spot and removed the activists who were later released.
Youth Congress national president Rajiv Satav said they were protesting against the "double-speak" of Swaraj.
Swaraj had accused Gandhi of preventing her from speaking in Lok Sabha because the Congress chief had "instigated" Congress members to create disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena 'rotted' during 25 years of alliance with BJP: Uddhav Thackeray
- Feel sorry for using pellet guns against Kashmiri youth but have no other option: CRPF chief
- Hearing test may identify infants with autism risk
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August