Youth dies in police custody, family stages protes
Faridabad: A youth died allegedly in police custody following which an irate mob on Saturday staged a protest outside a police station demanding action against the cops.
The family of 21-year-old Manish, a fruit vendor, has claimed that the deceased had been allegedly picked up by officials of Crimes Investigation Agency on May 7 and beaten up while in custody which led to his death, an official said.
Manish had once earlier been arrested in connection with a chain snatching case, he added.
According to the victim`s sister Babli, Manish had suffered several injuries and was vomiting blood after he returned home from police`s custody.
He was rushed to a civil hospital where he was referred to Safdarjung hospital. He was declared dead after he succumbed to his injuries.
Several people, including family and relatives of Manish, staged protest outside NIT police station with the body of the victim and also blocked the road, causing traffic jam for several hours.
Accusing the CIA officials guilty for Manish`s death, the victim`s family demanded a case of murder be registered against them.
The protesters dispersed only after Assistant Commissioner of Police, Ranchandra Rethi, assured them that their complaint had been registered and action will be taken if any of the officials were found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price