Youth dies in the hospital, ASI suspended
Faridabad: A youth, who was allegedly beaten up by four persons here two months ago, died at the trauma centre prompting the district authorities to suspend an ASI and another policeman for negligence, police said on Thursday.
"The deceased identified as Satish was severely beaten by four persons last year following which he was admitted at the Trauma Centre. He died last night in the hospital," police said.
Enraged over the death of the youth, locals and relatives blocked the bypass road near sector-18 with the deceased`s body protesting the negligence of police.
Following which Assistant Sub-Inspector Dalveer and a constable Bhagat Singh were suspended for negligence of duty, DCP Devender Yadav said.
Three of the accused in the case have been arrested and police is trying to nab the fourth one, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea