Youth ditches live-in partner, charged with rape
New Delhi: A youth, in a live-in relationship with his childhood friend for over five years on the promise of marriage, has been charged with raping her.
In its chargesheet filed before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler, police have said that Rohan, working with a multi-national company here, was raping his friend since 2007, while they were living together in a flat.
Meanwhile, the court took cognisance of the chargesheet and issued summons to Rohan for February 21, asking him to appear before it. He was granted anticipatory bail soon after his arrest.
Police said in its chargesheet that Rohan had forceful sexual relations with the girl, working with a private bank here, on several occasions on the false pretext of marrying.
It said the girl used to consider Rohan as her husband but she was shocked when he said that he could not marry her as his parents were against their relationship.
Police also said the girl tried to meet Rohan`s family members but they did not allow her to enter their house.
As soon as the girl came to know that he was going to marry some other girl chosen by his parents, she filed a complaint against him on September 28 last year, police said in the charge sheet.
The girl said she was mentally and physically exploited by the youth and his family members.
Rohan and the girl were neighbours in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh and had done their MBA together, it said.
The two came to Delhi in 2007 for work and were staying together as live-in partners till September last year, it said.
The youth was transferred by his office to Rajasthan. However, after shifting to Delhi, they had again started living together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?