Youth found dead, girlfriend shot at
New Delhi: A youth was found dead while his minor girlfriend was battling for her life at a city hospital after being shot at inside her house in east Delhi on Sunday, police said.
Jitendra Tomar (20) was found dead around 7 am by a group of children in Chauhanpur area in east Delhi after which his parents and relatives rushed to the spot.
According to police, Tomar had an affair with a 16-year-old girl, who was shot at and injured inside her house in Karawal Nagar this morning.
The girl`s family said that her father found her lying injured on the stairs in the wee hours and rushed her to GTB hospital in the capital, police said.
However, Tomar`s family alleged that the girl`s family had killed their son and that he left the house early today after getting a call on his mobile.
A senior police official said it was too early to arrive on a conclusion in the case, adding that whether some others plotted to eliminate both was also being probed.
Police have yet not ruled out the possibilities of the matter being linked to honour killing or that Tomar might have shot at the girl before committing suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming