Youth found dead, girlfriend shot at
New Delhi: A youth was found dead while his minor girlfriend was battling for her life at a city hospital after being shot at inside her house in east Delhi on Sunday, police said.
Jitendra Tomar (20) was found dead around 7 am by a group of children in Chauhanpur area in east Delhi after which his parents and relatives rushed to the spot.
According to police, Tomar had an affair with a 16-year-old girl, who was shot at and injured inside her house in Karawal Nagar this morning.
The girl`s family said that her father found her lying injured on the stairs in the wee hours and rushed her to GTB hospital in the capital, police said.
However, Tomar`s family alleged that the girl`s family had killed their son and that he left the house early today after getting a call on his mobile.
A senior police official said it was too early to arrive on a conclusion in the case, adding that whether some others plotted to eliminate both was also being probed.
Police have yet not ruled out the possibilities of the matter being linked to honour killing or that Tomar might have shot at the girl before committing suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it