Youth found dead, girlfriend shot at
New Delhi: A youth was found dead while his minor girlfriend was battling for her life at a city hospital after being shot at inside her house in east Delhi on Sunday, police said.
Jitendra Tomar (20) was found dead around 7 am by a group of children in Chauhanpur area in east Delhi after which his parents and relatives rushed to the spot.
According to police, Tomar had an affair with a 16-year-old girl, who was shot at and injured inside her house in Karawal Nagar this morning.
The girl`s family said that her father found her lying injured on the stairs in the wee hours and rushed her to GTB hospital in the capital, police said.
However, Tomar`s family alleged that the girl`s family had killed their son and that he left the house early today after getting a call on his mobile.
A senior police official said it was too early to arrive on a conclusion in the case, adding that whether some others plotted to eliminate both was also being probed.
Police have yet not ruled out the possibilities of the matter being linked to honour killing or that Tomar might have shot at the girl before committing suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report