Youth found dead, girlfriend shot at
New Delhi: A youth was found dead while his minor girlfriend was battling for her life at a city hospital after being shot at inside her house in east Delhi on Sunday, police said.
Jitendra Tomar (20) was found dead around 7 am by a group of children in Chauhanpur area in east Delhi after which his parents and relatives rushed to the spot.
According to police, Tomar had an affair with a 16-year-old girl, who was shot at and injured inside her house in Karawal Nagar this morning.
The girl`s family said that her father found her lying injured on the stairs in the wee hours and rushed her to GTB hospital in the capital, police said.
However, Tomar`s family alleged that the girl`s family had killed their son and that he left the house early today after getting a call on his mobile.
A senior police official said it was too early to arrive on a conclusion in the case, adding that whether some others plotted to eliminate both was also being probed.
Police have yet not ruled out the possibilities of the matter being linked to honour killing or that Tomar might have shot at the girl before committing suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'