Youth gets 7 years jail for raping sister`s friend
New Delhi: A 21-year-old youth has been jailed for seven years for raping his sister`s friend by a Delhi court which said his act was "well deliberated".
The court said that no self respecting woman, specially an unmarried girl, would come forward with a false allegation of rape as in "our conservative Indian society, it is almost impossible for a rape victim to find a suitable match".
"Therefore, it is very difficult to believe that an unmarried Hindu girl would put her future at stake and mar her prospects of marriage by coming up with a false story of having been raped," Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat said.
The court awarded rigorous jail term to Imran Hussain, a resident of Chanakya Place in Dabri here and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
While holding Hussain guilty of raping the girl, the court said that he had found a soft target in her as she was his sister`s friend and was on talking terms with him also.
It said that he had called her to his home "deceitfully" by saying that his sister was calling her urgently whereas "he had nurtured an intention to satisfy his lust upon her".
"The act of the convict seems to be well deliberated upon as there is no indication that he was either drunk or his acts were occasioned by any kind of instant state of passion," the judge said.
Police told the court when the 20-year-old girl reached the accused` house, his sister went out and bolted the room, leaving her inside with the accused. He then gagged her mouth, beat her and raped her in August last year, it said.
The girl had said that Hussain used to send her SMS and pressurised her to marry him earlier, but she had rejected his proposals as they belonged to different religions.
The court turned down contention of counsel for Hussain that the girl has cooked up a false rape story to implicate him in a false case as he had rejected her marriage proposal.
The court said the argument of the accused was "too far-fetched" and was not acceptable as even if it was accepted that the girl was in love with him, she would never slap a false rape charge upon him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray