Youth gets life term, two others 10 yrs each in shooting case
New Delhi: A 25-year-old man has been sentenced to life imprisonment and two other youths awarded 10 years each in jail by a Delhi court for attempting to kill a person by shooting him with a country-made pistol.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) T S Kashyap awarded the imprisonment to the three convicts, considering the physical condition and the disability caused to the victim by them.
The court sentenced Mohammed Nadim (25) to life term and awarded 10 years imprisonment each to his associates 22-year- old Naimuddin and 23-year-old Mohammed Haider for shooting the victim Sajid in the back and injuring him.
"Keeping in view the nature and gravity of offence, the injury caused on Sajid and his physical condition as well as his disability and mitigating circumstances in respect of the convicts, convict Nadim who is the main assailant and caused injury by gun-shot with the country-made pistol to Sajid, is sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for life.
"Haider and Naimuddin are separately sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for ten years each," the judge said.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on Nadim and Rs 3,000 each on Haider and Naimuddin.
According to the prosecution, in November 2008, when a function was going on in Sajid`s family in Mustafabad area in north-east Delhi, he was called by Nadim to meet him. During the meeting, Nadim, who was accompanied by Haider and Naimuddin, started abusing the victim, it said.
It said Nadim, who was beaten up by Sajid on the occasion of Eid, had told the victim that he wanted to take revenge. He then asked his two accomplices to catch hold of him, the police said, adding that Nadim shot the victim with a country-made pistol and they fled the spot.
The prosecution sought severe punishment for the trio, saying that Sajid has suffered grave injury and has been paralysed and the doctors have said that no further treatment can cure him during his lifetime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them