Youth given jail term for sodomising minor boy
New Delhi: A youth has been sentenced to one and half year in jail by a Delhi court for sodomising a 12-year-old school boy.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg handed down the jail term to Delhi resident Malkeet Singh, saying "such incidents leave an indelible mark on the mind of a person, especially a child of the victim`s age."
"It is seen that sometimes the future upbringing and growth of the victims of such offences, also get hampered. The bad memories keep on haunting the victim for years to follow," the court said, rejecting the convicts plea for release on probation and imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on him.
23-year-old Malkeet, who used to work as a waiter at a tent house here had been nabbed by people while committing the crime in August 2011.
According to the FIR, lodged later on the complaint of victim`s father, Malkeet had forcibly way laid his son to a secluded place and had sodomised him when he was returning home from his school with his brothers.
After the boy cried for help, the public had nabbed Malkeet from the spot and handed him over to the police, the prosecution had told the court.
It said that accused had threatened to kill the victim and his brothers, if the boy did not go with him behind the bushes.
The counsel for Malkeet, however, had told the court that lenient view be taken against his client as he is in jail for last 15 months and is the only earning member in his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi