Youth given two years` jail term for molesting minor
New Delhi: A youth has been sentenced to two years in jail by a Delhi court for molesting an eight-year-old girl.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau sentenced Delhi resident Sikander for molesting the girl, who had come here to see her ailing sister, residing as a tenant in the convict`s house at Sultanpuri in North West Delhi.
The court refused to show leniency to 19-year-old youth, a first-time convict, saying his intention was to rape the minor, but she was saved by her mother.
"I hold that he is not entitled to any leniency," the court said.
According to the police, the incident took place on February 14 evening this year when the girl was playing outside the house during a power cut in the area.
Sikander lured the girl to his room and tried to rape her, but she cried for help, prompting her mother to rush to her help, the police told the court.
Victim`s mother had registered the FIR with Sultanpuri police station and the accused was arrested.
The court rejected his claim saying no parent would use their minor daughter as a tool to settle personal scores.
"Once the child victim has herself appeared in the court and testified against the accused, there is no reason to disbelieve her testimony. Minor contradictions and discrepancies cannot be a ground to throw out her testimony," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!