Youth held for drug peddling in Delhi
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man hailing from West Bengal was arrested here allegedly with 300 grams of heroin worth around Rs 30 lakh, police said on Sunday.
Zakir Hussain, who resides in Bawana here, was apprehended from near Kashmere Gate ISBT yesterday when he came there to allegedly deliver the contraband, Ravindra Yadav, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
He told police that he came to Delhi along with his parents in 2009.
After death of his father he fell into bad company. He came in contact with one Rasool and started selling heroin in the area to addicts, police said
Rasool used to bring heroin from Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights