Youth held for drug peddling in Delhi
New Delhi: A 23-year-old man hailing from West Bengal was arrested here allegedly with 300 grams of heroin worth around Rs 30 lakh, police said on Sunday.
Zakir Hussain, who resides in Bawana here, was apprehended from near Kashmere Gate ISBT yesterday when he came there to allegedly deliver the contraband, Ravindra Yadav, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
He told police that he came to Delhi along with his parents in 2009.
After death of his father he fell into bad company. He came in contact with one Rasool and started selling heroin in the area to addicts, police said
Rasool used to bring heroin from Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq