Youth jailed for 10 years for raping infant
New Delhi: An 18-year-old youth has been
sentenced to ten years in jail for raping a five-month-old
girl with the court expressing anguish at the "ghastly and
inhuman act" of the convict.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Kamini Lau said the case
"where the five-month-old girl was subjected to unwanted
physical contact by a perverted male adult, was a glaring
example of the growing menace of sexual abuse of young
The court sent north-west Delhi resident Sonu to jail for
raping the infant, who was also his distant relative.
"The infant aged five months in the case was a soft and
vulnerable target. Sonu has taken advantage of a helpless and
defenceless child who could not even try to escape or express
herself and was an easy and vulnerable prey.
"She must have undergone immense physical pain and agony
when the offence was committed. In spite of the tender age of
the infant, the convict went on to commit the ghastly,
abominable, inhuman and barbaric act of rape, violating the
person of the infant and giving a lifelong trauma to her
family," said the court.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on Sonu and
stipulated that, if recovered, the amount should be paid to
the infant`s mother as compensation. It said the extent of
brutality which the convict inflicted upon the child was
evident from medical evidence.
According to the prosecution, Sonu, in June last year,
came to the house of infant`s maternal grandmother and took
her away with him saying he would leave her at her own house
with her mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in