Youth jailed for 10 years for raping minor girl
New Delhi: A youth has been sentenced to ten years in jail by a Delhi court for kidnapping a minor girl and repeatedly raping her after administering some stupefying substance to her with food.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on 23-year-old convict Surender, who had kidnapped the minor girl from Delhi in 2009 and took her to his village in Uttar Pradesh, where he raped her after making her eat some snacks containing intoxicating substance.
"I am of considered opinion that the prosecution has categorically proved beyond shadows of all reasonable doubts that victim, a minor girl of about 14 years, was kidnapped by accused Surender after having been made to eat snacks containing some stupefying intoxicating substance...." said Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Mahesh Chander Gupta.
The prosecution case dated back to March 8, 2009, when the victim`s mother, residing in Siraspur village here on rent and working with her daughter in a food grain godown, reported to the police that her daughter had gone missing.
She said her daughter had gone for work, but when she reached the gowdown for work after her, she did not find her there and there was no trace of her.
The girl was spotted along with Surender at a bus stand on March 13, 2009 and the duo were apprehended by police.
During the trial, Surender claimed innocence, saying the girl loved him and had eloped with him and claimed that he was falsely implicated in the case.
The police told the court that Surender had kidnapped the
minor girl and had then taken her to his village in Uttar Pradesh where he repeatedly raped her after administering her some intoxication or drug.
The girl, in her testimony to the court, also supported the the prosecution`s story and denied that her parents had tutored her to depose against Surender.
She also denied that she was having any affair with him.
The court convicted Surender relying on the girl`s testimony and the evidence brought on record by the police.
The judge dismissed Surender`s claim that he was falsely implicated saying, "Further there is no iota of evidence or even a suggestion that the accused (Surender) has been falsely implicated because of animosity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’