Youth jailed for 10 years for raping minor
New Delhi: A youth who had raped a minor
girl living in his neighbourhood after forcibly dragging her into his house two years ago has been sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment by a Delhi court.
District Judge O P Gupta sent Vinod Kumar in jail for 10
years for raping a 11-year-old girl, who was his neighbour.
"After considering the rival submissions, convict (Kumar)
is sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for 10 years for
commission of offence under section 376(2) (f) (raping an
under 12 year old girl) of the IPC," the court said.
According to prosecution, the incident occurred in
October 2010 when the victim was playing outside her house in
West Delhi and Kumar, who resides near her place, asked her to
accompany him to his house.
When she refused, Kumar forcibly took her to his house and
raped her, police said, adding that she had become unconscious
after the incident. He was arrested the same day.
The victim told the court that Kumar, after raping her,
gave her Rs 15 to eat something from the market and had also
threatened her not to tell anyone about the incident.
Seeking severe punishment for the accused, the police had
submitted that such type of offences were increasing and they
need to be curbed with a heavy hand.
"This is more so when the victim is of tender age. Her
entire life had been spoilt. It is not a case of physical
injury alone but it is a case in which the soul of the witness
is also hurt," the prosecutor had said.
Kumar sought leniency he was a poor and was unable to
understand the consequences of his alleged act.
The court, however, refused to show leniency to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon