Youth jailed for life for sexually assaulting 6-yr-old boy
New Delhi: A youth has been sentenced to life imprisonment for sexually assaulting a six-year-old boy by a Delhi court which noted that such incidents are on the rise and the convict does not deserve any leniency.
Additional Sessions Judge Illa Rawat awarded life term to Jabbar, 25, under the stringent Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act for sodomising the boy after taking him to ridge area.
The court said provisions of the child protection Act are applicable on both girl and boy victims.
"The instances of minor child being victim to such nefarious acts and deeds are on rise and thus, no leniency is called for in the matter. I hereby sentence convict Jabbar to undergo imprisonment for life along with fine of Rs 5,000 for the offence punishable under Section 6 (punishment for penetrative sexual assault) of POCSO Act," the judge said.
The court relied on the testimony of the victim and said it clearly reflected that he has not been tutored in any manner.
"In the present case, the testimony of victim child is unflinching, consistent and infallible and inspires confidence of the court to believe his version," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the incident took place in March this year when the child had gone out to ease himself. Begumpur resident Jabbar, who was also present there, took the child to a nearby ridge area and sodomised him after gagging him.
The accused then gave Rs 10 and snacks to the child. When he was returning home with the minor, the victim`s mother was searching for the child and saw them, it said adding that on seeing the woman Jabbar ran away.
The child narrated the incident to his mother and police was called and Jabbar was arrested.
The court rejected Jabbar`s plea that he was falsely implicated in the case and said there was no reason as to why a six-year-old child would get an innocent person implicated for an offence which was committed with him.
The court also noted that the act of the convict was very cruel towards the victim as the doctor who examined him found injuries on the child`s body even after one-and-a-half-month of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan