Youth killed Delhi girl for ignoring him: Police
New Delhi: The youth who allegedly shot dead a teenaged girl in her south Delhi home was enraged at her for ignoring him after she came to know that he was a sweeper and a school dropout, police said on Saturday.
Sakshi was shot dead by Subhash, a distant relative of the victim, in her Munirka house. Subhash, the cousin of victim`s sister-in-law, was arrested from Ghitoli village in UP`s Bagpat district on Friday night.
The victim, who was awaiting Class XII result, had known Subhash for quite a while but had started to ignore him after she came to know that he had left school in Class VIII and worked as a sweeper in Loni near Ghaziabad.
"Subhash and Sakshi had met in a marriage ceremony following which their acquaintance grew. However, when the victim came to know that he is not as educated as her, she started drifting away from him.
"This denial enraged Subhash and he became revengeful towards her," said B S Jaiswal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South).
With vengeance on his mind, Jaiswal claimed, Subhash reached Sakshi`s house knowing that her parents will be out for work at that time.
"When he questioned Sakshi about her behaviour, she counter-questioned him as to why he had come to her place and objected to it. This made him angrier and he shot her," he said.
Sakshi was the only child of their parents. Her father Pritam is a plumber while her mother works as a domestic help.
A pistol believed to be used in the murder, blood stained cloths and a mobile phone was recovered from him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says