Youth killed Delhi girl for ignoring him: Police
New Delhi: The youth who allegedly shot dead a teenaged girl in her south Delhi home was enraged at her for ignoring him after she came to know that he was a sweeper and a school dropout, police said on Saturday.
Sakshi was shot dead by Subhash, a distant relative of the victim, in her Munirka house. Subhash, the cousin of victim`s sister-in-law, was arrested from Ghitoli village in UP`s Bagpat district on Friday night.
The victim, who was awaiting Class XII result, had known Subhash for quite a while but had started to ignore him after she came to know that he had left school in Class VIII and worked as a sweeper in Loni near Ghaziabad.
"Subhash and Sakshi had met in a marriage ceremony following which their acquaintance grew. However, when the victim came to know that he is not as educated as her, she started drifting away from him.
"This denial enraged Subhash and he became revengeful towards her," said B S Jaiswal, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South).
With vengeance on his mind, Jaiswal claimed, Subhash reached Sakshi`s house knowing that her parents will be out for work at that time.
"When he questioned Sakshi about her behaviour, she counter-questioned him as to why he had come to her place and objected to it. This made him angrier and he shot her," he said.
Sakshi was the only child of their parents. Her father Pritam is a plumber while her mother works as a domestic help.
A pistol believed to be used in the murder, blood stained cloths and a mobile phone was recovered from him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing