Youth slits wrist at Arvind Kejriwal`s Janta Darbar
Ghaziabad: A 25-year-old youth on Friday slit his wrist at Delhi Chief Minister designate Arvind Kejriwal`s `Janta Darbar` here in what he said was an act of support for Aam Aadmi Party.
Zamil Ahmed, a resident of Deoli, had come to participate at the meet here. While the proceedings of the darbar were on, Ahmed suddenly slit his wrist with a blade.
"Subhash Chandra Bose had said `tum mujhe khoon do, main tumhein azadi dunga` (Give me blood, I will give you freedom). Sir, I am with you and would do anything for you," Ahmed told Kejriwal after he had slit his wrist.
Seeing what the youth had done, Kejriwal immediately asked AAP supporters to take him to a nearby hospital for medical treatment. Ahmed`s condition is said to be out of danger.
Ahmed had come to the darbar to complain against the `jhuggi` system in Delhi and requested Kejriwal to do something in this regard.
Today was the third consecutive day of Kejriwal`s darbar where many people have been coming with complaints related to water and electricity.
People attending the darbar were asked to write down their complaints and suggestions on a blank page. Problems shared by the people ranged from inflated electricity bills to unemployment.
A Delhi University professor, Dr Sapna Jain, alleged that degrees were being sold in the Mathematics department of Delhi University.
"I have written to the VC in this regard, but he is not taking action," Jain told Kejriwal.
Meanwhile, speaking on the issue of low wages paid to contractual labourers, Kejriwal said, "People who work on contract basis often complain of low wages. I will finish the practice."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement