Youths beat up cop when asked to remove car from Patil`s route
New Delhi: Four persons allegedly created a ruckus and beat up a constable when they were asked to remove their car parked on the wrong side along the route of President Pratibha Patil, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place near Krishna Menon Marg at around 11 pm on July nine and the four persons were arrested. A one-and-half-year-old girl, who was with the youths, was handed over to the family later.
Head constable Rakesh Singh and constables, including Umesh Meena who was beaten up, were deployed to ensure that President`s cavalcade passed through the area without any incident.
The policemen asked the four occupants -- Manoj Gupta, Manish Gupta, Ankit Rana and Anuj Gupta -- of the car to remove their car which was parked in such a way that it would have obstructed the traffic on the road for other passengers.
"The roads were blocked and their car was parked in such a way that when the blockade was over, there could have been a traffic problem. They were asked to remove their car but they got into a scuffle with the policemen," a senior police official said.
First, the occupants of the car left the girl in the car and showered abuses on policemen and later they beat up constable Meena.
However, they were overpowered and Police Control Room was informed following which they were arrested. The car was also seized.
A case under Section 186s (obstructing public servants), 353 (assault with criminal force), 332 (causing hurt) and 34 (common intention) was registered against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!