YS Dadwal bids farewell to Delhi Police
New Delhi: Outgoing Delhi Police Commissioner YS Dadwal was on Wednesday given a warm farewell, where he said the force had successfully met various challenges including ensuring foolproof security during the Commonwealth Games.
Dadwal inspected a parade where top officials including Special Commissioner, Joint Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners of the force were present.
"We have kept the promises we had made in the last three years. We have met the challenges successfully," he said in his farewell speech.
"The memories of the Commonwealth Games are fresh in our minds. The manner in which the Delhi Police performed its duties will be spoken and written about for a long long time," he said.
Praising each and every member of the force for dedication and commitment shown during the sporting event, Dadwal said even Home Minister P Chidambaram has complimented the performance of the Delhi Police.
"The credit goes to each and every member of the force who displayed tremendous commitment. We provided, as we had
promised, a safe and secure Delhi and it is matter of record that heinous crime fell by 46.4 per cent during the Games period while fatal accidents fell by 47.1 per cent," he said.
Tihar Jail Director General BK Gupta has been appointed as the new Commissioner of Delhi Police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case