YS Dadwal bids farewell to Delhi Police
New Delhi: Outgoing Delhi Police Commissioner YS Dadwal was on Wednesday given a warm farewell, where he said the force had successfully met various challenges including ensuring foolproof security during the Commonwealth Games.
Dadwal inspected a parade where top officials including Special Commissioner, Joint Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners of the force were present.
"We have kept the promises we had made in the last three years. We have met the challenges successfully," he said in his farewell speech.
"The memories of the Commonwealth Games are fresh in our minds. The manner in which the Delhi Police performed its duties will be spoken and written about for a long long time," he said.
Praising each and every member of the force for dedication and commitment shown during the sporting event, Dadwal said even Home Minister P Chidambaram has complimented the performance of the Delhi Police.
"The credit goes to each and every member of the force who displayed tremendous commitment. We provided, as we had
promised, a safe and secure Delhi and it is matter of record that heinous crime fell by 46.4 per cent during the Games period while fatal accidents fell by 47.1 per cent," he said.
Tihar Jail Director General BK Gupta has been appointed as the new Commissioner of Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?