Zambian held with drug at airport
New Delhi: A Zambian national has been arrested from Indira Gandhi International airport here for allegedly carrying 10 kg of methaqualone, a banned sedative drug.
29-year-old Phiri Eliajah was to board a Dubai-bound flight around 4.30 AM.
He was apprehended when he was going through security check at around 0045 hours. CISF personnel stopped him for frisking on the basis of his "suspicious" movement, a CISF official said.
During the search, the banned sedative substance, in powder form, estimated to be worth Rs 17 lakh, was seized from him, he said.
He had come to India on July 2 on a tourist visa which was valid till September 29, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet