Zambian held with drug at airport
New Delhi: A Zambian national has been arrested from Indira Gandhi International airport here for allegedly carrying 10 kg of methaqualone, a banned sedative drug.
29-year-old Phiri Eliajah was to board a Dubai-bound flight around 4.30 AM.
He was apprehended when he was going through security check at around 0045 hours. CISF personnel stopped him for frisking on the basis of his "suspicious" movement, a CISF official said.
During the search, the banned sedative substance, in powder form, estimated to be worth Rs 17 lakh, was seized from him, he said.
He had come to India on July 2 on a tourist visa which was valid till September 29, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price