Zambian held with drug at airport
New Delhi: A Zambian national has been arrested from Indira Gandhi International airport here for allegedly carrying 10 kg of methaqualone, a banned sedative drug.
29-year-old Phiri Eliajah was to board a Dubai-bound flight around 4.30 AM.
He was apprehended when he was going through security check at around 0045 hours. CISF personnel stopped him for frisking on the basis of his "suspicious" movement, a CISF official said.
During the search, the banned sedative substance, in powder form, estimated to be worth Rs 17 lakh, was seized from him, he said.
He had come to India on July 2 on a tourist visa which was valid till September 29, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur