Zee Helpline Impact: Defence Minister addresses query
New Delhi: In a move that could set precedence for the way other ministers should function, Defence Minister AK Antony reached out to Zee Helpline’s query regarding an ex-serviceman’s grievance.
In a reply addressed to Zee News’ Editor, Sudhir Chaudhary, AK Antony responded to a grievance presented before Zee Helpline by an ex-serviceman regarding his ex-gratia payments, saying the matter had been looked into by the Ministry.
Ex-sepoy Ranjan Ramdas Ingale had approached Zee Helpline seeking disability pension from the Army for his services offered between October 13, 1977 and May 1, 1981; after which his services were terminated due to disability.
Taking stock of his complaint, Zeenews forwarded his request to the Defence Minister.
Minister in his response informed Zeenews that the Army`s Medical Board assessed his disability as `Idiopathic Epilepsy` that was neither attributable nor aggravated due to his stint in the Army.
Terminal benefits as admissible were paid to Ingale during his discharge, Minister further informed.
The prompt response to Zee News’ query by the Defence Minister should set an example to other heads of ministries who could address complaints and reach out cutting red-tapism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing