Zee Helpline Impact: Defence Minister addresses query
New Delhi: In a move that could set precedence for the way other ministers should function, Defence Minister AK Antony reached out to Zee Helpline’s query regarding an ex-serviceman’s grievance.
In a reply addressed to Zee News’ Editor, Sudhir Chaudhary, AK Antony responded to a grievance presented before Zee Helpline by an ex-serviceman regarding his ex-gratia payments, saying the matter had been looked into by the Ministry.
Ex-sepoy Ranjan Ramdas Ingale had approached Zee Helpline seeking disability pension from the Army for his services offered between October 13, 1977 and May 1, 1981; after which his services were terminated due to disability.
Taking stock of his complaint, Zeenews forwarded his request to the Defence Minister.
Minister in his response informed Zeenews that the Army`s Medical Board assessed his disability as `Idiopathic Epilepsy` that was neither attributable nor aggravated due to his stint in the Army.
Terminal benefits as admissible were paid to Ingale during his discharge, Minister further informed.
The prompt response to Zee News’ query by the Defence Minister should set an example to other heads of ministries who could address complaints and reach out cutting red-tapism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi