Zee Helpline Impact: Defence Minister addresses query
New Delhi: In a move that could set precedence for the way other ministers should function, Defence Minister AK Antony reached out to Zee Helpline’s query regarding an ex-serviceman’s grievance.
In a reply addressed to Zee News’ Editor, Sudhir Chaudhary, AK Antony responded to a grievance presented before Zee Helpline by an ex-serviceman regarding his ex-gratia payments, saying the matter had been looked into by the Ministry.
Ex-sepoy Ranjan Ramdas Ingale had approached Zee Helpline seeking disability pension from the Army for his services offered between October 13, 1977 and May 1, 1981; after which his services were terminated due to disability.
Taking stock of his complaint, Zeenews forwarded his request to the Defence Minister.
Minister in his response informed Zeenews that the Army`s Medical Board assessed his disability as `Idiopathic Epilepsy` that was neither attributable nor aggravated due to his stint in the Army.
Terminal benefits as admissible were paid to Ingale during his discharge, Minister further informed.
The prompt response to Zee News’ query by the Defence Minister should set an example to other heads of ministries who could address complaints and reach out cutting red-tapism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India