2 leopards found dead in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two leopards have been found dead in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand.
According to forest department officials, the carcass of a leopardess was recovered yesterday from a field in Gadkhet village of Garud area in Bagheshwar district.
The post-mortem examination report concluded that the one-and-a-half-year-old feline had died of pneumonia.
In a separate incident, another carcass of a leopard was found in Tiwarikhola village of Betalghat area in Nainital district.
The carcass bore a wound on the back, raising doubt that the big cat could have perished in a fight with another wild animal, the officials said.
A post-mortem is being conducted to ascertain exact cause of the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?