2 leopards found dead in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two leopards have been found dead in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand.
According to forest department officials, the carcass of a leopardess was recovered yesterday from a field in Gadkhet village of Garud area in Bagheshwar district.
The post-mortem examination report concluded that the one-and-a-half-year-old feline had died of pneumonia.
In a separate incident, another carcass of a leopard was found in Tiwarikhola village of Betalghat area in Nainital district.
The carcass bore a wound on the back, raising doubt that the big cat could have perished in a fight with another wild animal, the officials said.
A post-mortem is being conducted to ascertain exact cause of the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi