20,000 migratory birds sighted in Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary
Morigaon: Over 20,000 migratory birds have been sighted in the Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam`s Morigaon district with the advent of winter.
Among the 214 species of avian fauna found at the sanctuary, 14 are threatened species and 46 are resident birds, officials said.
The Lesser Whistling Teal and the Greater Whistling Teal have also been sighted here, they said.
Birds of prey Osprey or the fish eating eagle, hawks and falcons of different species as well as endangered storks are attracted to Pobitora`s aquatic environment, rich in fish and other aquatic fauna.
Pobitora`s authority has appealed the tourists and picnickers not to create sound pollution in the sanctuary which would harm the environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days