20,000 migratory birds sighted in Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary
Morigaon: Over 20,000 migratory birds have been sighted in the Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam`s Morigaon district with the advent of winter.
Among the 214 species of avian fauna found at the sanctuary, 14 are threatened species and 46 are resident birds, officials said.
The Lesser Whistling Teal and the Greater Whistling Teal have also been sighted here, they said.
Birds of prey Osprey or the fish eating eagle, hawks and falcons of different species as well as endangered storks are attracted to Pobitora`s aquatic environment, rich in fish and other aquatic fauna.
Pobitora`s authority has appealed the tourists and picnickers not to create sound pollution in the sanctuary which would harm the environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row