33 rare snakes confiscated in Shanghai
Shanghai: Thirty-three rare snakes meant to be sold illegally in an aquatic products market in Shanghai were seized after a dealer was bitten by a poisonous species.
The snakes were confiscated from the market in Putuo district after a snake breeder named Guo Yupeng, 27, nearly died after being bitten by a narrow-banded krait, the Shanghai Daily reported Wednesday.
"He is recovering well," a doctor at the Longhua hospital said. Guo can now open his eyes halfway and can write short notes to communicate.
The Putuo district administration carried out checks on market stalls after learning about illegal wildlife sales. The confiscated reptiles were sent to Shanghai Zoo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress