4400 hectare forest land still with encroachers
Thiruvananthapuram: A total of 4400 hectares of forest land in Kerala is still in the hands of encroachers, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told the Assembly today.
In a written reply to a question, Chandy said after a joint verification it was found that encroachers in about 4400 hectares of forest land were yet to be evicted.
Steps were on to evict them, he said.
The government take steps to evict encroachers from forest land whenever intrusion came to its notice, he said, adding, some time it becomes difficult to evict them due to combined resistance and protest.
In such a situation, land-grabbers were removed through discussions and persuasion, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’