50 migratory birds found dead in China
Beijing: More than 50 migratory birds have been found dead at a wetland in China, a media report said.
The birds were discovered earlier this week in Wuhan, in central China`s Hubei province, the China Daily reported.
Bags containing Carbofuran, a toxic pesticide, were found lying around the bodies at an islet used as a rest stop by thousands of birds who fly from the north of the country to the wetland every winter.
Many more birds got stuck in traps that had been set up by miscreants along a lakeside beach in the vicinity of the islet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman